Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's just a few rocks, how can it hurt?

Christine had a vision. We should have a rock path through the flowers and shrub area between the garden and the backyard lawn. We have lots of river run rocks near the storage shed, so I could use those and not have to buy "new" ones. Ok, so far so good.

I took a shovel and we marked where the new path would go. Then while she was away to a girls day out, I got to work. First,  I dug up the rocks and sifted out the dirt and junk so they were ready for the new path. A little, well, alot of work, but no problem.

Now with the gravel path in place, something was missing. I know, any good creek bed has larger rocks along the path and I just happen to have some piled up with no place to go. So back to the wheelbarrow I go. Some are so big and heavy that I had a hard time lifting them. Then I came to the one. You know, the one I should have waited for help with.

It was so heavy that I couldn't lift it. No problem I thought, I will just tilt the wheelbarrow and roll it into the front and tilt the wheelbarow back. Actually, it worked just like that ... the second time. The first time it and the wheelbarrow rolled over onto my leg to leave a bruise, and strained my back to give me plenty of reason to watch football. See? there is a silver lining even in a big rock!


1 comment: